Our mission is to promote and develop in the society the awareness of and the attention to transparency and accountability, be they related to the society-at-large or not. Our goal is to increase the citizens’ involvement in the management of matters of public interest and to boost the active participation of workers and employees to the correct management of corporations and companies they work for.
Accordingly, the Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights mission includes;
- Supporting and developing free software with the purpose of increasing the Freedom of Speech online and, more in general, the protection of rights and personal freedom in a connected world;
- Supporting and developing the whistleblowing free-software solution named “GlobaLeaks” aimed at private and public organizations which shall be free to adopt the same software for their initiatives;
- Taking part in associations or organizations which share the same goals as the Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights in the field of promotion and protection of civil liberties, anonymity in a connected world, whistleblowing, freedom of speech and investigative journalism;
- Supporting the development and promotion of the Tor2web project and of the TOR network and tools thereof in general;
- Supporting the development and actual management of the LeakDirectory website, listing whistleblowing websites;
- Hosting or attending events aimed at increasing the culture of Transparency (i.e., public-interest whistleblowing, OpenData, OpenGovernment etc.)
In no event shall the Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights gather and/or solicit secret or sensitive information, while it reserves the right to evaluate whether to give technical support to entities which are involved in such activities, provided that the Board so decides.
The Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights, in order to pursue its goals, may decide to apply for membership in other organizations and/or to co-operate with entities whose mission does not conflict with the goals of the Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights.
Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights is legally registered as „Associazione Hermes“ that‘s a non-profit Association. The type of Association is „APS“ (Association for Social Promotion) and is registered in 24/04/2012 with tax-ID IT-97621810155 .
Tax-Number Assignment: [IT] Codice-Fiscale-Hermes.pdf
Non-Profit legal status: [IT] Modulo-EAS.pdf
Logo for public uses